The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grandma's Ginger Pudding ...

Ginger pudding is my most treasured recipe, you had to leave enough space for this wonderful easy pudding, served after a sonday roast, made with love by my grandmother. She passed it down the line to my mother, who passed it down to me. Now I want to share it with you.

1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon apricot jam
Cream together
Mix in a seperate bowl
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon ginger powder
Pour 1 cup of milk and add 1 teaspoon of bicard (baking soda) to it and stir. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar ( I raised my eyebrows too at the vinegar but it works)
Now mix everything together and pour into a pyrex baking dish after you sprayed it with non stick spray. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 mins. remove from the oven and pour over the following sauce
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 sugar
Bring it to the "boil" pour over hot pudding and return to the oven for 5 mins, allowing the sauce to soak in. Serve warm with ice cream, cream or custard.

This is a true treasure and you will not be disappointed I promise you
Will add pic soon
Rina

7 comments:

  1. That sounds soooo nice, it is going to be copied into me recipe book, for a tasty treat.. thanks for sharing your Grans recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recipes like that. Is bicard also baking soda?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds so nice and will have to try it
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I will have to try that too!
    I have an AMAZING ginger cake recipe if you are interested?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the best pudding trust me! Chris I love ginger, so yes please post it thanks, wondering how your meeting with Kate went today. Bet you had heaps of fun!
    Krissy it's baking soda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Ginger pudding but it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete