The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Love of Pine Cones





Funny how somethings stay with you all your life, pine trees and pine cones, the smell of a pine plantation. What a waste to just throw nature's decoration away, so what to do with them. I love to paint things, if it stands still long enough it will get painted, trust me. These I painted the same colour as the caravan, which will fade a little in the sun. The basket is one of my lucky finds on the curb,it also got a slap of green pint.

Another lot of cones have been spray painted gold, they part of the christmas decorations. Christmas at our place involves a whole change of scenery, most bits of "clutter" get packed away, and the Xmas boxes come out.

But I think it's on the veranda that they look the best with other dried up seed pods and things, displayed in a old wire basket. I love driving in the country where under trees cones have fallen as only nature can display them.

No comments:

Post a Comment